Much like the Zucchini Salad with Avocado Lime Sauce, this is a simple salad but oh so refreshing, zesty and simple. I had some leftover zucchini basil pesto from the day before when I made RAWmarkable Basil Pesto Pasta, so this is what I used for my dressing.
All you need is:
– 3 to 4 spiralized zucchinis (I used the straight blade for ribbon cuts)
– 2 to 3 tomatoes (heirloom tomatoes are great in this!)
– 1 handful of fresh basil
– 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
– 1 lemon
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1/2 tsp turmeric
– about 1/4 cup of zucchini basil pesto
To make the zucchini basil pesto, see this link, or look at the instructions below (note: these instructions will make about 1 to 1/2 cups worth of the pesto, much more than you need for the salad! You can always save it for a veggie dip or for more salad dressing later though!):
– 1/2 a large zucchini or 1 small zucchini (you can chop up half of a zucchini from the pasta noodles)
– 1/2 cup organic walnuts (soaked in water for about 1 to 2 hours prior)
– about 2 cups fresh basil
– 2 medium garlic cloves
– 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
– 1/4 cup pine nuts
– 1/3 cup chopped parsley
– 1/2 a large lemon or 1 small lemon
And that’s it!
Blend together all the above ingredients in your high-powered blender. Don’t pulverize it completely, as you want the pesto sauce to have a bit of a chunky texture, so just blend until everything is mixed. Your sauce should look something like this:
Once you have your dressing prepared (or you may already have some from before), spiralize your zucchinis and chop your tomatoes. Pour the 1/4 cup zucchini basil pesto sauce on top, then cover with the fresh basil and hemp seeds. Squeeze half of a lemon on top and add your pepper:
That’s it! Mix it up and eat!