Artichoke Basil Cilantro
There are several variations of this recipe, of which I will include below. To me, artichoke hummus has less of a flavorful taste than other hummus, so I’ve experimented with several flavored additions and settled with artichoke cliantro for the win!
Makes about 2 cups:
– 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, soaked, boiled and drained (this also comes out to one 15 oz can of chickpeas)
– 1 small can of artichoke hearts, or half of a large can. (Save the liquid for later!)
– 1/4 cup lemon juice, or juice of 2 lemons
– about 1/2 a tsp of cumin (this is key for hummus. Never forget the cumin!)
– 1 clove garlic or about a tbsp of canned minced garlic
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
– salt and pepper to tastes
Optional: 2 tbsp olive oil
Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blended, and blend until creamy. IF you need liquid, you can add the liquid from the artichokes.
Serve with vegetables or eat by itself like I do!
Other options for hummus concoctions:
Artichoke Basil Lemon: – Add 1 extra lemon and and extra 1/4 cup basil in place of the cilantro
Artichoke Basil Pesto: – Add 3 tbsp basil pesto (homemade or canned. For more info see my Basil Pesto Hummus recipe) You can keep the cilantro in for extra herb flavor, or you omit it to keep the basil pesto flavor stronger
Spinach and Artichoke Hummus: – Add 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh spinach You can substitute the cilantro for spinach, or add it to the mix!