This is another winning recipe of mine. And you can do so many variations! I have done these with hazlenuts, walnuts and pecans. So it’s really up to you! All the substitution options are below, depending on what you prefer, and the cocoa version of these are also posted on the website.
You will need:
– 7 to 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for about an hour to soften
– 1 cup hazelnuts, walnuts or pecans. (You can use almonds as well, but the other three options are better)
– 1/4 heaping tsp grated ginger and 1/2 tsp powdered ginger (you can also you 1 full tsp of powdered ginger if you prefer)
You may also omit the ginger altogether if you want a more nutty truffle taste)
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg or cloves
– 1 tbsp raw organic agave syrup or molasses
– 1 shake of cayenne
– 1 shake of tumeric
– about 1/4 cup shredded organic coconut for rolling truffle balls in
In a food processor, pulse the nuts until they become finely ground, then add all the other ingredients and pulse/blend until the mixture becomes thick like dough. This can take several starts and stops of the food processor because the mixture will be very thick.
Start to create balls with the mixture, roll in the coconut, then place in the freezer for at least half an hour. Take out after, then serve! These are also best when stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
Look at that beautiful raw nut truffle! Total perfection!