Ok RAWmarkable followers, if you like white chocolate and if you like coconut, then THIS IS THE RECIPE FOR YOU!! This is one of my favorite new snacks, and it is SO EASY to make! Total prep time, 5-10 minutes! Seriously!! This recipe has sooo much versatility too, as you can add more or less sweetener in it, and use any topping you want for the candy! Coconut is already naturally sweet, so if you want to make this a sugar free dessert, then you can nix the sweetener altogether!
So, without further ado…let us begin!!
You will need:
- a double boiler to melt all the ingredients together (large wide pan filled with water on the bottom, smaller pot sitting inside)
- a deep set rectangular pan and parchment paper for lining (I use a 12.5 x 9 inch pan)
- 4 tablespoons coconut manna or coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (this is done by buying 1 can of full fat coconut cream or milk, then scooping out the top thick part–more details below)
- 1 tablespoon cacao butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- couple drops of coconut stevia (or use another tbsp maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup goji berries, walnuts, or anything else you want for the topping
For the coconut cream: Buy a can (or 2, to be safe) of full fat coconut cream or milk (lite or fat free milk or cream will not work as it is too thin. Best to stick with full fat) at your local store.
Put in fridge overnight or for an hour. After refrigeration, take out the can, open, and scoop out the top part, which will have separated from the more liquid coconut milk at the bottom. This is the coconut cream that will be used for our candy! One can is typically enough for a half cup, but best to buy two cans just in case.
Add the water in your large deep pan and turn your stove on to high heat. Put your smaller pot inside, and add all the ingredients together in the pot. As the water begins to boil, the pot will heat up, allowing all the ingredients to melt together. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes, depending on the heat and the size of your double boiler
Once the ingredients are all mixed and fully melted together in your pot, it’s time to transfer to a pan for cooling. Line your pan with parchment paper, then pour the melted coconut mixture in:
Once the mixture is in your lined pan, top with gogji berries and nuts, or leave plain if you want. Set in the freezer to harden for an hour.
After an hour, take out of the freezer. The coconut bark will be completely hardened, and ready for breaking into pieces!
Serve immediately on a plate, and watch that RAWmarkable Coconut Bark disappear!
This coconut candy stores best in the freezer in an airtight container. When stored in your freezer it will stay good for forever!!
Look at this beautiful, sweet, chewy, delectable stuff! So easy to make, and can be eaten sugar free!