Raw chickpea hummus is made from sprouted chickpeas. To learn how to sprout your own chickpeas, see my post on How to Sprout Your Own Chickpeas. Once your beans are sprouted, we will begin to make our raw hummus!
I have some optional ingredients in here, which I included because I think the hummus comes out best with all the additions. If you don’t want to add them, just don’t add any of the ingredients that are optional
You will need:
– 2 to 3 cups raw sprouted chickpeas
– 1 or 2 garlic cloves, depending on flavor
– juice of 1 large lemon
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 tbsp raw organic apple cider vinegar (optional)
– 3 to 4 tbsp raw tahini
– small handful chopped parsley (optional)
– 2 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp tumeric (optional)
– 1/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
– 1 or 2 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
Put the ingredients in a high powered blender, and pulse blend. If the mixture is too thick, add some water. The mixture is going to be extremely thick, so be careful with your blender!
Stop it occasionally to scrape the sides and make sure everything is mixing well. At the end, you should have a smooth, creamy texture:
Serve with veggies and/or chips, or eat it plain like I do! That is some pure, raw, healthy goodness for you!