For leek and mushroom marinade, you will need:
– 2 cups sliced mushrooms, crimini, shitake, whatever you prefer
– 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks
– 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped in half
– 1 thinly sliced garlic clove
– 1 tbsp hemp seeds
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
After the veggies and nutritional yeast are chopped and in a bowl, we must prepare the marinade. Mix in:
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– juice of 1 lemon
– 1 tsp tumeric
– 1 tsp fenugreek (optional)
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 1/2 tsp salt
Mix these ingredients in with the veggies, cover and set aside to marinate, at least 2 hours, preferably up to 4. Your mixture should look something like this:
The juice from the tomatoes will soak into the olive oil, vinegar and lemon, making a great juicy marinade.
Now, time to prepare the rest of the quinoa stuffing.
In your huge bowl of quinoa, mix in:
– 3 grated carrots
– 1 handful parsley, thinly sliced
– 1 handful cilantro, thinly sliced
– juice of 1 lemon or lime
– 1 tsp paprika
– 1 tsp salt
After the parsley, carrots and cilantro are chopped and in the bowl, throw in the mushroom leek marinade, and mix. You should now have a beautifully colored quinoa salad:
And you are ready to eat!
Squeeze a lemon over your salad, it gives it an extra kick and makes it taste heavenly!!