Zesty Lemon Hummus with Basil Pesto
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
– 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, soaked, boiled and drained (this also comes out to one 15 oz can of organic chickpeas)
– juice of 1 a lemon
– about 1/2 a tsp of cumin (this is key for hummus. Never forget the cumin!)
– 1 large clove of garlic or a tbsp of canned minced garlic
– 1 tsp sea salt or pink himalayan sea salt
– 1/2 tsp pepper
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– tbsp basil pesto (store bought, or homemade…see basil pesto hummus for recipe instructions!)
Put all the ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender, and blend until creamy. If you need more liquid, you can add water, more olive oil, basil pesto, or tahini.
Garnish with a slice of lemon, and/or some basil pesto and serve!