Basil, lime and coconut are 3 of my favorite things. If you combine them into a smoothie, well then you just made yourself the perfect breakfast!
This smoothie contains plant-protein powder as well as almond milk. You can of course substitute the almond milk for any nut milk you desire, and use any plant based protein powder of your choice.
This is a wonderful breakfast smoothie or meal replacement, and you tweak this recipe to add as much or as little lime, greens, protein powder and coconut milk as you desire.
So without further ado…let us being!
You will need:
- 2 to 3 cups almond milk or nut milk of your choice (see my recipe for almond milk here)
- 3 or more drops of stevia
- juice and zest of one lime
- 1 scoop of plantbased vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 unsweetened coconut cream or milk
- 1/3 basil leaves, or 1 pack of basil leaves (about 2/3 oz or 18 grams)
- 1 – 2 cups spinach leaves
- optional: coconut flakes
Add all the ingredients to your blender, and blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute. The mixture will be light green and smell delicious!
Pour into a glass and drink! You will love it!