I have so many hummus recipes, they are just safely hidden from me around my house. I have happened upon another one that I came up with last year, so though to add! Along with my Smoky Chipotle Hummus, this is one of the more spicy ones!
Let us begin!
Makes about 2 cups:
– 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, soaked, boiled and drained (this also comes out to one 15 oz can of organic chickpeas)
– 3/4 to 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
– 1 fresh diced jalapeno or 1 roasted jalapeno if you want more of a smoky flavor
– juice of 1 small lemon
– about 1/2 a tsp of cumin (this is key for hummus. Never forget the cumin!)
– 1 clove garlic or about a tbsp of canned minced garlic
– salt and pepper to tastes
Optional: 2 tbsp olive oil
Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blended, and blend until creamy. IF you need liquid, you can use water, olive oil or raw tahini. To keep the hummus as fat free as possible, I always use a small amount of water, and it comes out great! Try it for yourself!
Serve with vegetables or eat by itself like I do!