This hummus has a lovely distinct flavor. The mix of the olives and mushrooms together give it a distinctly salty taste.
You can serve this hummus with vegetables, chips, or eat it plain like I do!
Follow the steps below for a delicious hummus recipe!
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, soaked, boiled and drained (this also comes out to one 15 oz can of organic chickpeas)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of green olives
- 1/2 cup blanched mushrooms (or store bought, preferably in glass jars, not canned. You can use any kind of marinated mushrooms, both stems and pieces. Either way, save the juice!)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 a tsp of cumin (this is key for hummus. Never forget the cumin!)
- 1 large clove of garlic or a tbsp of canned minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: dried mushrooms, olive oil and basil for garnish
Put all the ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender, and blend until creamy. If you need more liquid, you can add a little juice from the olives and some from the mushrooms. The mushroom juice gives it a great flavor, and isn’t as salty as juice from olives. Garnish with some green olives and dried mushrooms, and serve!
One thought on “Green Olive and Mushroom Hummus”
Lovely combo of two of my favourite things – being mushrooms and olives 😄👍🏽