Yup, I made edamame hummus! And, it’s super easy. Here is the recipe below!
– 1 1/2 cups edamame, cooked, drained and cooled
– 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, or canned roasted red peppers (save the juice for liquid addition later!)
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
– 1 clove garlic or 1 tbsp canned minced garlic
– 1 tsp onion powder
– 1 tsp cumin (this is key for hummus…never forget the cumin!)
– juice of 1 lemon, or 1/2 large lemon
– salt and pepper to taste
Put all the ingredients in a food processor or blended, and blend until creamy. IF you need liquid, you can use the juice from the canned roasted red peppers, water, or add olive oil. Of course, you always have the option to use tahini as well.
Here are some optional additions:
Edamame chive hummus (pictured above) – Add 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives to the mix, about 1/2 way through the blending process, so you will get some chunky chive bits mixed in with the hummus. Tastes great!