Ginger Mango Chutney Hummus
This is a random concoction I came up with after I decided to experiment making mango chutney. Then I thought…why of course, why not make it into a hummus! So I did. And here is my amazing recipe 🙂
Makes about 2 cups
– 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, soaked, boiled and drained (this also comes out to one 15 oz can of organic chickpeas)
– 1/2 cup mango chutney (check out this link on how to make mango chutney from scratch: http://sauces-n-dips.wonderhowto.com/how-to/make-mango-chutney-288316/)
– 1/4 cup lemon juice, or juice of 2 lemons
– about 1/2 a tsp of cumin (this is key for hummus. Never forget the cumin!)
– 1 clove garlic or about a tbsp of canned minced garlic
– 1 small slice of ginger, or tsp ground ginger
– salt and pepper to tastes
Put all ingredients in a high powered blender or food processor, and blend until creamy. You shouldn’t need any liquid because the mango chutney provides a lot of moisture. If you do need some, you can always add water or olive oil
Garnish with slices of ginger and mango chutney on the top, then serve!
Another option is apricot chutney. In the mango chutney recipe, substitue mango for apricots. It comes out amazing! You can also omit the ginger altogether, if you are looking for a sweeter hummus tastes.