These days I put leeks in everything. They taste soo good in salads, marinades and as toppings. This salad is especially easy, as you can use the leeks and avocado as a dressing for the rest of your dish. It is also nut and oil-free, as we are only using healthy avocado fats as our dressing!
Let us begin!
For the salad, you will need:
– 1/2 a bunch of kale, chopped, broken into pieces or sliced (depending on your preference)
– handful of cilantro
– 1 cup of sliced tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
– handful of sprouts (any kind)
For the dressing, you will need:
– 1/2 of an avocado
– 1 cup of thinly sliced leeks
– 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
– 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
– juice of 1 or 1/2 a lemon
– salt and pepper to taste
Mash the avocado up, then mix in the leeks, hemp seeds, lemon and nutritional yeast. Once everything is mixed together, you will then add it to your kale salad bowl.
In your large bowl, put the avocado mix in with the kale, and begin to “massage” the mixture into the leaves with your hands. This helps to soften the kale until it becomes a bit limp-like. Once the kale is massaged into the mix, then add the rest of your salad ingredients into the bowl.
Mix it up thoroughly, and eat up!
Salad bowl for 1, please!