Similar to my Gingerbread Nut Truffles, the main difference in this recipe is the substituion of raw cacao poweder in place of the ginger, and omiting the spices. Let us begin!
You will need:
– 7 to 8 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water for about an hour to soften
– 1 cup hazelnuts, walnuts or pecans. (You can use almonds as well, but the other three options are better)
– 1 to 2 tbsp raw cacao powder (depending on how chocolatey you want them!)
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp raw organic agave syrup, honey or molasses
– 1 shake of cayenne
– about 1/4 cup shredded organic coconut for rolling truffle balls in
– about 1/4 cup raw cacao powder for rolling truffle balls in
In a food processor, pulse the nuts until they become finely ground, then add all the other ingredients and pulse/blend until the mixture becomes thick like dough. This can take several starts and stops of the food processor because the mixture will be very thick.
Start to create balls with the mixture, roll in the coconut and/or cacao powder, then place in the freezer for at least half an hour. Take out after, then serve! These are also best when stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
Gorgeous colors! My raw cacao truffles served with my lovely rawmarkable apricot balls!