I came across this recipe on mindbodygreen.com and thought to give it a try. Similar to my Cabbage Leek Salad I posted on here earlier this year, this recipe has the addition of hemp seeds, which provides a whole new level of nutritional value for the salad! I have included the recipe below, as well as pictures of my preparation and a link to the original website.
0-Minute Meal: Cabbage + Hemp Salad
- 1 small head of purple cabbage
- handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup olive or hemp oil
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1 lime
1. Cut and prepare all vegetables.
2. In a side bowl, whisk olive oil with a little bit of salt and pepper.
3. Mix all vegetables, olive oil, hemp seeds.
4. Squeeze lime over salad and refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. Add avocado on top before serving.
Here is the link to the original recipe: