As much as I would love to take credit for this recipe, I really cannot. I found this delight on the myvega.com website. Key lime pie is one of my favorite desserts, so obviously when I saw that someone had created a smoothie out of it, I knew I had to try it! The original recipe is good, though I omitted the coconut whipped cream at the end and added low fat coconut milk to lower the fat content. I also used my own raw protein powder, and added a little extra lime, but other than that, I kept the recipe pretty much the same!
Here is the recipe below with my revisions, and the link the original recipe is at the end of this blog post. Enjoy!
cup coconut milk
You will need:
- 1 serving French Vanilla Vega One or Viva Vanilla Protein Smoothie (any protein powder will do)
- 1 frozen banana (I made this smoothie as a meal, so mine contained 5 bananas)
- 1/2 cup spinach (I added 2 cups!)
- 1 Tbsp key lime juice (2 tbsp.)
- Zest of 1 key lime
- 1 Medjool date, pitted (2 dates)
Put all the ingredients in your blender, then blend until smooth and creamy! Top with anything you like (I used some leftover coconut milk), then drink up!
Link to the original key lime pie smoothie recipe: http://myvega.com/vega-life/recipe-center/key-lime-pie-smoothie-coconut-whipped-cream/